Sunday 17 March 2013

Sunday Smörgåsbord

It's that time again!

Two boards for you this week ~ both brief, one with an Easter theme, as I'm beginning to deck out corners of our home in beautiful Spring shades. I'm not normally one to go crazy with Easter décor, but I think this may be my subconscious attempt at catharsis, having not having a Christmas tree last year. Sob.

Some of the following snaps are just teasers to whet your appetite for future posts! More to come on Crafternoon Tea, Mars Bar Crispie Cakes and Glossybox, so stay tuned...


Top to bottom, left to right:

1. My magnum opus from today's Crafternoon Tea, courtesy of Jay Archer Floral Design (my amazing wedding florist), A Cup of Vintage and Parallel Venues (the beautiful Fetcham Park). A full post on this to follow next week.

2. Pooch Love by Bertie & Jack. I can't believe I forgot to include this weeks ago! I bought this for hubby for Valentine's Day; we both love it! A somewhat selfish gift, perhaps, but aren't those the best kind..? :-p

3. I was in London this week, visiting the Institute of Education, and en route near Russel Square spied the most fabulous gentlemen's outfitter. I truly wish men could dress like this without being considered wildly eccentric. Apologies, the name of said outfitter escapes me at present. Will research and update.

4. Received this comedy parcel from the States. I can hardly believe there wasn't a space-saving alternative to all these stamps, but I'm so glad there wasn't!

5. My new knobs from Anthro. We bought a new coffee table a few weeks back, but it had ugly handles on the drawer that just had to go. They have now been replaced with these handsome hares - love!

6. Tried my hand at one of the latest hairdos from Lilith Moon. Très chic, n'est-ce pas?

7. Glossybox! I've been considering a subscription for a while, but couldn't justify the regular expense while we were saving for the wedding. A close friend of mine was bought a subscription by her lovely fella (clever boy) and was accidentally sent two boxes, so guess who was lucky enough to be given the spare (thanks, H! x)! More on this at a later date.

8. All dressed up for Crafternoon Tea! My wedding fur (which I didn't wear once on the day itself) even had an outing!


Hand painted eggs and vintage style bunny baubles (super kitsch!) currently adorn the twigs in our living room, and yesterday I made a batch of Mars Crispie Cakes, topped with seasonally appropriate chicks, eggs, flowers and sheep. Truly the very best chocolate crispie recipe ever; coming soon.

Only one week of term left before we head for some sunshine, the thought of which will keep a smile on my face in spite of all this dreary wind and rain. I hope you've all had a lovely weekend!

Bonne nuit,

pp x

No comments:

Post a Comment