So much for becoming a regular feature - this is only the second time I've managed it in a month! And technically speaking, it's now Monday... Oh well, if you can forgive my tardiness, here is a quick bedtime post with a roundup of a few recent highlights:
Top row (from left to right):
1. An unexpected second wave of blooms on the rose bush just outside our front door :o)
2. Delicious lunch with fab friend @ Mildreds (mildly irksome lack of apostrophe forgiven on account of super tasty food) vegetarian restaurant in Soho. Neither one of us is a veggie but we were so distracted by all the yummy dishes on the menu that we failed to notice this fact until we asked for a business card at the end of the meal!
3. Boo the Pomeranian of YouTube fame can be yours! Visit Urban Outfitters, who also stock a very sweet book featuring 'the cutest dog in the world' photographed in a vast array of endearing poses.
4. Snickers milkshake @ the fabulously fifties JB's American Diner in Brighton. Heaven through a straw. Also your entire recommended daily calorie allowance in one hit, I imagine.
5. Summer has made a tentative first appearance this weekend! Sssh, don't get too excited or we might frighten it away. Loved the fact that I could finally step out in shorts and flip-flops today, and that the glorious sunshine justified an outing for my trusty straw trilby. Joy.
6. Salted caramels from Hotel Chocolat. In my humble, yet discerning chocolate-lover's opinion, simply the best chocolates you can buy in the UK. Crisp, rich chocolate coating gives way to unctuous, salty sweet and velvety smooth liquid caramel. Too good.
7. My homemade truffle filo tulips (recipe to follow soon...). Very simple to make, suitably pretty to serve up to guests. Lighter than you'd imagine - we and our friends managed three each!
8. A great favourite of mine in the nail varnish department, especially when the Sun is shining ~ Cajun Shrimp by O.P.I. Their products are superb: easy to apply, quick to dry, and long-lasting, and on top of that they have the most fantastic range of colours.
Wow. I hadn't realised when I was putting this together, but you can tell what I've been doing a lot of recently ~ indulging in the food department! I hope you've all had a great weekend, and particularly to readers here in Blighty, enjoy this spot of summer weather while it lasts!