Monday 2 July 2012

Sunday Smörgåsbord!

Smörgåsbord ~ what an intensely satisfying word to roll around one's tongue, and a useful one at that! Just a quick one this evening, ladies and gents, but something I hope to make a regular weekend feature of. The following pictures represent a few of the little pleasures of my weekend. Enjoy!



1. Boiled egg and soldiers, courtesy of His Lordship.



2. Good old-fashioned, bandstand-worthy tunes under blue skies ~
thank you to The Sussex Band in support of Help for Heroes.



3. Delicious and frankly GARGANTUAN Quattro Stagioni
@ ASK Italian. Two meals in one sitting. Seriously.



4. Complimentary paper windmill ~ result!



5. Just managed to squeeze in a chocolate banana for
dessert, purchased from the incomparably charming
Old Sweet House. Go there, immediately.



6. Whipped up a quick angel cake, as one does. Please
excuse me while I polish my halo... Recipe to follow soon.



7. Sunday morning was spent in my favourite pyjama bottoms.
I'm a sucker for a kitsch fabric and an elasticated waistband.



8. Deliciously girly Barbie pink toes...



9. ...complimented by the luscious clash of
peachy coral on my fingers.



10. Fab!

Other weekend loveliness has included celebrating our first year living in our current abode (and, to mark the occasion, having finally got around to steaming the kitchen floor ~ feeling über virtuous), finally getting to see our beautiful made-to-order bridesmaid dresses 'in the flesh', so to speak, and a yummy supper this evening with my wonderful future in-laws.

I'm afraid that's all for this week, folks, but I look forward to sharing the angel cake recipe with you tomorrow. I hope you've all had a great weekend, and would love to hear what you've been up to!

À demain, pp x

PS blogger won't seem to let me centre-align my photos in this post sans tinkering around with my formatting - sob! Any techies amongst you able to advise, please..??

No comments:

Post a Comment