Sunday 23 February 2014

Blog Loving

My little corner of the internet may only be a very tiny spec in the grand scheme of lifestyle blogging, but for me at least it's a valuable space to share some of my favourite things and experiences. I am thrilled and encouraged to see the number of visitors gradually increasing month by month (thank you so much for dropping by!), but with a busy full time job I know it's unlikely ever to become more than a hobby and a way of keeping friends and family up to date.


There are so many fantastic lifestyle blogs out there, written by women who inspire me to cook, craft, create, experiment, explore, and, as Emily Schuman so eloquently expresses it, generally "elevate everyday life". Whilst I know that my life is not comparable to those of full time bloggers - I cannot, for example, afford Prada handbags and champagne dinners every day of the week, nor do I have spare hours in the day to knock up cake pops or pose for a photo shoot in a trendy location - I am nonetheless inspired and motivated to be the best I can be.

The following are my top picks, the ones I visit daily/weekly, many of which will undoubtedly be familiar to you, but I felt I had to share them. Click on the banner images to open each blog in a new page.

Cupcakes & Cashmere


I have to be honest and confess myself disappointed now that Emily Schuman has her husband and a third person working full time with her on Cupcakes & Cashmere. It somehow feels a little like cheating to me, but that doesn't change the fact that I love her style and the fashion, beauty and interiors content of her hugely successful and far-reaching blog. I also have the book, which is a sweet read and looks pretty on your shelf...

The Londoner


Rosie is the London girl who has it all (and seems to have been on holiday every other week for the past year!). I simultaneously love and hate her for frequently buying the same clothes as me (only a size or two smaller...) and visiting the same places, but only because she always beats me to blogging about them! She has perfect hair and loves food. That is all.

Gal Meets Glam


Julia is an all-American stunner, who also has perfect hair. I want her wardrobe. And her hair.

Wide Eyed Legless


The aesthetic of Madelynn's blog is flawless in its simplicity. I admire her strong sense of self and the way in which this runs consistently like a ribbon through every area of her life.

Bleubird


Another lady who knows her mind and her taste. James' photography of her children is breathtaking.

Hey Natalie Jean


I can't tell you why exactly, but I really like this girl. Her writing voice seems so genuine that it's as if she jumps right out of the screen when I read her posts. I <secretly> wish she were my friend.

The Cherry Blossom Girl


I read French & German at university, so I love to read this bilingual blog in its native tongue. Super chic yet girlishly charming Parisian, Alix, has a phenomenal wardrobe. I love her simultaneously classic yet quirky sense of style, and have recently loved reading all about her travels in Japan, since we're off there in April (counting down the days!).

Happy reading!

pp x


No comments:

Post a Comment