Sunday 10 June 2012

Vicarious shopping.

Good afternoon, world :-)


I have been doing a little research for this post this afternoon, which has mostly involved staring longingly at beautiful things on screen, knowing that, tragically, I am unable to purchase a single one. Please take out your violins and pass me a tissue...


My sob story is this: sadly, hubby-to-be (who shall henceforth be referred to as His Lordship, since I inadvertently treat him as such 90% of the time) and I are saving for our wedding this coming December. This has, most disturbingly, put paid to my shopping addiction on pretty much all fronts - I find myself restricted to food items, toiletries and cleaning products in the supermarket. The result of this is that last week I spent 15 minutes agonising over which handwash to buy. I cannot believe it has come to this. Thankfully I still have the odd wedding purchase to punctuate my otherwise cold turkey existence. If it weren't for those, I'm certain I'd be demanding some kind of anti-depressant from the doctor.


I occasionally taunt myself by window shopping. It's like the childish pleasure derived from fiddling with a wobbly tooth - it hurts, but is somehow strangely satisfying. Anyway, the other day, my wanderings took me into Dorothy Perkins. Now, back in the day I was never a great fan of dotty p's - I thought their cuts weren't great and their materials rather on the cheap side, but I've grown rather fond of them over the past few months and I'm loving their prints this season! The best thing about dotty p's is how astonishingly reasonable their prices are. I'm not saying you'll find treasure forever heirlooms in there, but if you're looking to find cheaper on-trend items to update your wardrobe without breaking the bank, they are well worth a look. In addition to this, they are running a promotion at the moment: 'like' them on facebook and they give you a discount code for 15% off when ordering online. Can't be bad!


I have had a quick browse and here are some of my favourites:













Anyway, unlike me, I hope some of you may be able to take advantage of the discount code and shop yourselves happy! Enjoy!

pp x


No comments:

Post a Comment