Sunday 19 January 2014

Winter Weekend Warmers

It's cold, it gets dark early and all you seem to want to do is eat and sleep. Here are my top picks for making the most of these Winter weekends...

Hunter Original Short in Biscuit, £70
When the Winter Sun deigns to make an appearance, get out and about for some fresh air and Vitamin D in this fab new shade of Hunters.

Superdry Herders Mittens, £19.99
My extremities are ice cold pretty much all year round. These Superdry mittens are super cosy with fleece lining - just the ticket for a wintry stroll.

Rosie for Autograph Luxurious Satin Revere Pyjamas, £35
One of my style icons, the beautiful Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, has designed a range of undies and nightwear for M&S, of all places! These satin PJs would be perfect to slip into for a night curled up on the sofa.

The White Company, Blanc 2-Wick Candle,  £35
I know that £35 may seem an awful lot to spend on a candle, and ordinarily, I'd agree with you. However, I was bought a single wick White Company candle for Christmas three years ago and it's still only burned down halfway - admittedly I don't light it daily, but this is no ordinary candle! The scents are delicious, they permeate a room in thirty minutes and linger for hours thereafter. Blanc is my all time favourite, and perfect for warming your cockles and lifting your spirits on those long Winter nights.

I love Children's literature and will never grow out of it. I'm currently re-reading Alice in Wonderland before directing a production of it at school next term. I'd forgotten just how wonderful a book it is - pure escapism. Everyone ought to have a good book on the go to snuggle up with...

pp x

No comments:

Post a Comment