Sunday 1 June 2014

Japan ~ Part I

I know, I know - it's been ages again. Life lately has been busier than I could ever have imagined, both at work and at home, and I am now counting down the days to what will be the most eagerly awaited and well-deserved Summer hols I have ever had. I am not complaining about being busy, please don't misunderstand, but I am physically exhausted and rather poorly, truth be told, after burning the candle at both ends for far too long (I have just had two back-to-back Hen weekends, for example, in the middle of exam and report writing season...). I'm going to try really hard to make more time for doing nothing at the weekends over the next few weeks, so I'm hoping I'll get back on track with blogging asap.

Anyway, moving on to the important part of this post - time at last for some Japan snaps! This is just a very brief overview of some of my favourite moments from our two and a half week trip, more detailed posts on each of the different areas we visited coming soon(ish!).

Shinjuku, Tokyo



Shibuya, Tokyo

Rabbit and Grow Fat rabbit café in Harajuku, Tokyo

Amazing sushi in Tokyo

Osaka Aquarium

Beautiful sakura (cherry blossom)

Osaka

Osaka castle

Shinsekai, Osaka

Kyomizu, Kyoto

New York Grill, Park Hyatt Tokyo

Shibuya crossing in the rain

Fushimi Inari, Kyoto


Kinkaku-ji, Kyoto

The Great Buddha, Nara

Arashiyama, Kyoto

Maiko and Geisha, Gion Corner, Kyoto

Tokyo Disney Resort

Mickey!

Dinner in our ryokan, Hakone

Incredible onsen (natural hot spring) at our ryokan, Hakone

Lake Ashi, Hakone

My Lost in Translation moment in our room at the Park Hyatt, Tokyo

Asimo!

Sadly, that's all I have time for tonight, but I hope that these photos whet your appetite for future Japan posts!

Faites de beaux rêves, tout le monde...

pp x

No comments:

Post a Comment