Saturday 28 December 2013

Magpie Make & Do ~ Home-baked Bread

There is nothing quite so deliciously comforting as the smell of fresh-from-the-oven, home-baked bread wafting from the kitchen. Today I made my own bread for the first time since my school days. My amazing husband's amazing Christmas gift to me - a beautiful Kitchenaid - was my initial inspiration, and we had family visiting for lunch today, so it seemed to me the perfect day to attempt my first loaf. It was so much more fun and so much less hassle than I'd anticipated!

I followed Paul Hollywood's bloomer recipe, and it turned out beautifully, even if I do say so myself.

Supremely simple ingredients.



Kitchenaid!

Kneading with oil.

Dough before it was risen.

Tada!

Shaped, prior to proving.

Two hours later!

Scored and floured, oven-ready.

Done.

It sliced perfectly.

Warm, crusty, fluffy deliciousness. Yum!
If you have ever been tempted to bake your own bread but thought it would be too much trouble, think again and have a bash at it. The process from start to finish took a morning, admittedly, but it does not require constant/frequent attention and the results really are worth it, down to the very last crumb...

pp x

No comments:

Post a Comment