Sunday 12 May 2013

Sunday Smörgåsbord

It may have been another unintentionally quiet fortnight in the magpie's online nest (sorry, folks), but not so in the real world. School has been supremely busy, and weekends have been jam packed! Lots of highlights which I can't feature on the Smörgåsbord, for reasons which will become apparent, but which I would love to share...

1. Ate at Dans le Noir last weekend to celebrate my wonderful big sister's birthday. In essence, you eat in the dark. When I say dark, I mean utterly, thoroughly, oppressively dark. You cannot see your own hand in front of your face. It's incredible. Oh, and you have no idea what you are going to be served for dinner. You can (and should!) read all about it here. We opted for the Chef's special menu, which turned out to be camel, crocodile and kangaroo. Insane! Now you understand why I have no photographs...

2. I took my little school chamber choir to compete in their first ever music festival this week (I only auditioned them in October). They were fantastic and won their class - so proud!

3. Slept for a maximum of two hours on Friday night. I took my class of seven and eight year olds camping in the woods. We had a whale of a time! Scavenger hunt, toasted marshmallows, camp songs and an uphill night hike. The last one awake fell asleep at 2:30am, one woke me homesick and afraid of the dark at 3:30, and the majority were then awake at 5:20. I feel fine now, but I have my suspicions that it's going to be a long week...


1. Finally opened our Chocolate Frog from Universal, Florida. Sadly, in spite of its being in date, the chocolate was grim, but at least I have the pretty box as a memento!

2. Dressing up for a big night out. Winged liner!

3. We hatch ducklings at school every year - not an easy task for my poor colleague who spent most of the Easter holidays turning the eggs! There are always some that don't hatch, sadly, so each one that makes it is a little miracle! Isn't she pretty?! I also though she looked particularly good against my hot pink nails. Perhaps she'd like a bow..?

4. Lovely meal out with friends at The Parrot Inn, Forest Green. As instructed by this door sign, we engaged in feasting, fuddling and fun. And no, fuddling is not a naughty word.

5 - 7. Bank Holiday day trip to Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth. Spinnaker Tower (5). Bathed in glorious sunshine and indulged in a little retail therapy: luscious coral polo (6) from Ralph Lauren outlet at an amazing discount and half price Cath Kidston (7)!

8. Homemade Fennel, Pear and Red Pepper Soup for dinner this evening. Delicious. I know I always promise recipes and then fail miserably to post them, but I promise I will churn out a glut of wonderful recipes at half term!

So much more to share, so little time. Sigh. I will do my very best to keep up with some midweek posting, but I may be AWOL again this coming fortnight due to exams/reports/school trips/making a start on packing up the flat (we are moving next month...). Please do continue to stop by though, and find me on Twitter and Pinterest via the links at the top right of the homepage.

TTFN, pp x


No comments:

Post a Comment